What Our FM's Can Do For You
Our FM will;
- Understand the principal terms of occupiers’ leases as they affect the facilities management of the property and the Client’s obligations to provide services including clarity on the extent of the common areas.
- Ensure that on-site management of the properties is undertaken in accordance with Facilities Management Best Practice Policy and Procedures.
- Regularly liaise with occupiers and be the principal point of contact for advice and guidance in connection with the day-to-day physical operation of the building.
- Ensure that the procurement of all supplies and services at the property is undertaken in accordance with the procurement program to achieve ’value for money’.
- Monitor contractor performance against agreed standards. Review service contracts as appropriate.
- Ensure reactive maintenance and day-to-day service requirements are undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner. Identify and arrange minor works and repairs.
- Establish and maintain compliant Health and Safety arrangements in accordance with statutory legislation and Best Practice guidelines.
- To work with other aspects of the Socially Responsible Management programme which will include Equality Act, asbestos management, environmental, and energy consumption monitoring.
- Assist and liaise with surveyors/architects/consultants on major works (access and safety etc).
- Maintain, test, and implement disaster planning procedures to cover all emergencies.
- Organise and coordinate fire evacuation drills.
- Establish and maintain proper site records in accordance with best practice .
- Be familiar with all heating, ventilating, mechanical and electrical equipment and have a sound understanding of the purpose and general working of such equipment.
- Ensure suitable, compliant maintenance contracts are in place.
- Ensure that adequate provision is made for emergency and out-of-hours cover using the 365 24/7 helpdesk.
- Assist the team in the financial management of the property through the preparation of service charge budgets, the monitoring of agreed budgets to pre-defined cash limits, quarterly variance reporting, and service charge reconciliation to agreed accounting practices.